Hi Ms. Shae Ross! Welcome to my little blog. And thank you for accepting my interview!
First of all, I was so overwhelmed to have a chance to review your PRETTY SMART GIRLS-FEARLESS, thank you. These are my questions for you Ms. Shae Ross, and thank you for answering!
- Your first book was all about Jett and Ryan Rose, and this time about their friends Ben and Devin, what was the hardest thing about writing your latest book Fearless?
I have always seen Devin (Devi) as a more complicated heroine, mainly because of the issues from her past. I think the hardest thing about writing “Fearless” was writing Devi in such a way that readers understood where she was coming from and why she made the decisions she did.
- Both point of view of Ben and Devin are in the Fearless book. Did you find it difficult to write the POV especially on the Ben’s side? ‘Coz obviously, men was difficult to understand sometimes. 😛
I really enjoy writing the dual point of view. Writing from both perspectives gives me a chance to explore both characters’ thoughts and emotions and it’s awesome to be able to write the things I want to hear a guy say!
- What is/are the reasons you’ve decided to write a contemporary, new-adult and romance books?
I really like writing contemporary because the world around me is a constant source of inspiration—to a certain extent, I am always surrounded by the setting of my novels. I also like having the opportunity to write about current social issues in a non-controversial way. In “Fearless” I wanted to honor non-traditional families by writing a happy ending around what takes place.
- The cover of your Fearless book was so genuinely beautiful! Who was in that cover? The boy was so perfect to be a Ben Winslow! Do you have a concept in making the covers of your books? They are so beautiful! * Okay, I’m exaggerating. 😀
Thanks! I LOVE the “Fearless” cover as well. I always have a concept in mind for the covers of my books. For “Fearless” I knew I wanted to have the cage in the background. Entangled did an awesome job putting the artwork together and I agree, the couple is perfect for Ben and Devi!
- What are your inspirations to write a books?
I draw inspiration from my everyday surroundings. I love watching people and listening to stories. I love humorous situations and people’s reactions to them. I am generally inspired by anything that moves me emotionally or makes me laugh.
- Any message to all the Smart girls-lace up and Fearless fans, especially me?
Well, I am thrilled to share that I will be writing another Pretty Smart Girls book for Entangled. The third book in the series is based on Ben’s sister, Priscilla Winslow and I am really looking forward to writing Priscilla’s story. She is one of those characters that jumped off the pages for me—I knew her instantly and I knew I wanted to write about her.
Well, thank you for answering my questions. And I hope your success towards your books.
Thanks to you Queen Nicay!!! I appreciate the opportunity and hope you will keep in touch!!
Best to you,
After having one too many stressful days at the office, Ms. Ross began to consider pursuing her lifelong dream of writing. Armed with an English degree, an interest in historical settings and a huge collection of romance novels, Ms. Ross put pen to paper and began converting the characters in her head to ink. She soon found herself happily immersed in a new working world that included heroes and heroines, agents and editors, and a multitude of secondary characters.
Ms. Ross currently writes in the new adult and historical romance genres and lives with her husband and three children in Holt, Michigan.